Discussion: Nancy's spanking (Season 4, episode 7)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 post
daneldorado
daneldorado
Nancy's spanking (Season 4, episode 7)
Sep 11 2009, 9:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 11 2009, 9:28 PM EDT
I congratulate Mary-Louise Parker for agreeing to do this scene, especially in the old-fashioned movie way: put over the man's knee, her skirt pulled up, taking the spanking on the seat of her panties. Many (most?) modern actresses would decline to appear like this, but Ms. Parker has guts. In the past half-century, I can think of only Sean Young, Maureen O'Hara, and maybe June Haver as actresses who submitted to this treatment... and they made it pay off. Ms. Parker now goes to the head of this illustrious class of actresses.

But I wonder how many viewers understood the motivation? When Nancy (Ms. Parker) first met Esteban (Demian Bichir) in the secret tunnel, he warned her that she deserved "a good, hard spanking." Watching her eyes in that scene, I could tell that Nancy was not totally against that kind of "punishment." She half wanted it, and she let us know that.

The next day, Nancy returns to Tijuana to see Esteban. But this time, instead of the heavy black jeans she had worn in the tunnel scene, she is wearing a light, frilly sundress. She intimidates herself into his limo; and, when he arrives, she teases him with a rundown of his history, which she got from the Internet. Finally, the exasperated Esteban takes Nancy and puts her over his knee, and whales away. She protests, but not loudly. She is enjoying it too much.

Afterward, Nancy stands in front of a full-length mirror at home and surveys the image of Esteban's handprint on her naked backside. A satisfied smile is on her lips.

As I say, a very well-played sequence. And props to Mary-Louise Parker for pulling it off.

Cheers,
Dan
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Sign in to be the first to reply.